Colin Bird, Executive Chairman of Xtract Resources plc (LON:XTR)
January 23, 2020
Zak Mir talks with Colin from Xtract about the drilling update on Eureka and Kajevu Copper Prospects, Zambia.
· First three holes at Eureka Project cut shallow copper-bearing intervals over downhole widths ranging from 52m to 77m with the fourth hole in mineralisation
· Handheld XRF spectrometer indicated potential elevated copper and cobalt values
· Historic and current drilling confirm mineral zone over 240m of strike and to 95m depth, open in several directions and appears to widen at depth
· Initial core logging suggests possible Copperbelt-style deposit setting
· Drilling continuing at Eureka- holes being logged and sampled in preparation for external assay
· Drilling on Matrix Project indicated a 7m mineralised interval in hole MX-05A
Colin Bird, Executive Chairman said: "We are particularly pleased with the drilling results at Eureka which are both intriguing and exciting in that mineralised intersections are thick and the occurrence is potentially open on strike and to depth. The results are intriguing on the basis that the occurrence is characteristic of typical copper belt mineralisation whilst the deposit is some considerable distance from the copper belt. It is exciting because the ore body is near vertical and the widths are in excess of our original expectations. We eagerly await the assay results to confirm copper values and the presence of cobalt and the grade, if present. Our plan now is to gather in all the results and plan the next stage of exploration activities to test these encouraging initial results."
Full RNS LINK (https://www.investegate.co.uk/xtract-resources-plc--xtr-/rns/drilling-update-on-eureka---kajevu--zambia/202001231100067344A/)